Untamed Love: summing up a beautiful documentary by National Geographic.
Could well have been a Bollywood movie or a Pearl. S. Buck saga.
- Shot somewhere in South India.
- There are two tribes: The Mountain Tribe and The Old Temple Tribe.
- The tribes usually fight over the limited food.
- Story told in first person by a She monkey from the Mountain Tribe of monkeys.
- Jeela is young and beautiful.
- She falls for Bo-Bo a young handsome monkey Prince from her tribe.
- Bobo, being a prince, is dear to all.
- Bobo, the dear son of tribe chief Nine Fingers, is even allowed to climb the throne of the Chief - the lone tree a top the mountain.
- Bobo and Jeela spend a lot of time together playing around.
- A scheming powerful male Longtooth wants to be the Head.
- The monkey tribe of Temple attack the mountain.
- Nine Fingers and Longtooth give them a tough fight and they retreat.
- Nine Fingers and Longtooth follow them, but only one, Longtooth mysteriously returns.
- Nine Fingers gone. Longtooth takes control of the tribe.
- Bobo is now a nobody who Longtooth sees as a threat.
- Bobo and Jeela run away, carefully.
- The lovers take shelter in the mountains.
- They hide in a mountain cave.
- They spend some beautiful time together.
- Soon Longtooth finds them.
- Bo-Bo is injured and chased away.
- Bo-Bo moves to the area near Humans.
- Everything is exciting and new in the beginning.
- Almost gets rundown by a truck.
- ‘Vote for Ashok’: these are the words to be found alongside the number plate of the truck.
- Bobo is hungry and moves to the Banana fields.
- Monkeys of Old Temple area attack the fields.
- They do not notice him else would have been killed.
- Humans unleash Dogs after them.
- He finds sanctuary in the Old Temple.
- Lives among Humans and lives off them.
-She monkey gets on with her life.
-She is now pregnant with Longtooth’s child.
-But it seems she remembers Bo-Bo.
-Meanwhile, Bo-Bo finds acceptance with the Temple Tribe.
-An old female adopts him.
-In four years, he is the favorite of everyone.
-In eight years, he is the Alpha-Male.
-But he is always cutoff from other monkeys and their trivial life.
-Now, his gang is the Lord of the city: steal food, leftovers etc.
-There is no more fighting between the two tribes.
-Bo-Bo’s experience with Humans has helped them but they still sleep in Old Temple.
-Bo-Bo sometimes stares at the mountains, maybe he remembers.
-Thirty years have passed Bo-Bo returns to the mountains.
-He is old, sick, and back at his birthplace after having built an empire.
-Longtooth is long dead.
-Nobody from the Mountain Tribe recognizes him not even his love.
-She has six children and many more kin.
-Nobody accepts him; there is no place for an old monkey in the tribe.
-He moves away from that place to a high flat mountaintop.
-Camera focuses on an Eagle flying high in the sky.
-He stays there until the night.
-Next morning his body is found in the same cave that had given shelter to the two lovers.
He had lived a full and great life. He had known love, hatred, loneliness, brotherhood,dejection, and acceptance and in the process had touched the last frontier of his world.
finally found its video online:
It's not the compete film, here the story starts with Bobo getting chased away by Longtooth. And we follow the life of Bobo. Thanks to the original uploader! I hope the makers of this film release it on DVD someday soon.Till then watch this:
Bandar Log of Kipling
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. If you choose to use this or any part of this post on your site please link back to this page.
100 years of Indian Cinema (36) 1857 (1) 1930s (1) 1947 (20) 1947 print Ads (2) 1950s (1) 1982 (1) 1983 (1) 30s print Ads (1) 40s print Ads (6) 60s print Ads (3) 70s print Ads (52) 80s print Ads (24) A Diary Stolen (9) Ads from 90s n Y2Ks (12) Agra (9) Aldous Huxley (5) Allama Iqbal (3) Anna Akhmatova (3) art (2) Articles (25) Bagpipes (2) Bat-Ball (6) Begam Para (1) Blogging (34) Bookmarks (56) C 4 Computer (7) cartoons (2) Censorship (17) chori (1) Classic Indian Studio (5) Collage (35) Comics (20) Dev Anand (2) Dilli (25) Doordarshan Days (29) Eye Candy (69) Frivolous lol (32) game development (1) Gandhi (13) German Advertising Art (2) gurgaon (5) Guru Dutt (7) Hindi Chini (5) History (68) Hoarding (167) Indian Cinema (125) Indian Retro Television Ads (8) Indira (9) indo-pak (5) it is the 50s (1) it is the 60s (6) it is the 70s (19) it is the 80s (18) it is the 90s (7) Jungle Book (12) Kochi (2) Madhubala (2) maps (2) mario miranda (4) Meena Kumari (8) Million Gods (33) Movies (22) Mumbai (6) mumtaz (1) Music (62) Musings (7) Mussoorie (1) Nargis (1) News That Was (8) Nostalgia (29) Outlinks (16) Pandit Nehru (15) parveen babi (4) phasion (3) Photos (98) Plain weird Query (3) Poems Verses Whatever (43) Projects (3) Quests (4) Radio Ga Ga (11) Raja Harischandra (1) rastay ka maal satay may (2) roos (1) Sari Ads (5) Selected Nonsense (53) snake fest (4) Tibet (5) tona totka (1) Trip to Kashmir (5) Tube You (63) Urdu Poets (8) Vintage Indian Print Ads (97) Walls (5) Who are these people? (14) who mashes up gods? (25) Word Talk (4) Zeenat Aman (13)